I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!
Learn to sew on our Sewing Machine Driving Licence workshop
April 30, 2015
We were so excited, enthused, and delighted that our inaugural workshop, the Sewing Machine Driving Licence on Saturday 25th April was such a success and fun and laughter was enjoyed by all (not to mention the home made coffee cake and tea served in vintage china cups and saucers).
We had a group of ladies who wanted to become friends with their machines (and each other) and were raring to go when they arrived at The Old Telephone Exchange in Hermitage, near Newbury in West Berkshire.
This workshop covers everything you need to know about a sewing machine and how to operate it to get you started on your sewing journey:
* What do all the dials and knobs do?
* How do I change my stitch and why do I need to?
* Why does mention of the word 'tension' strike fear into sewists?
* What are all these things in my sewing kit?
* What can I make next?
* How do I sew backwards, turn a corner and sew in a curve.
Everyone gets a certificate to say that they have passed their SMDL before they leave together with their own loyalty card. You get a freebie workshop when you get six stamps on your card.